Experience the essence of an island
Itineraries for Cycling Tours
We are currently scheduling tour dates for 2012 and appreciate your patience. We will have dates available by the end of January.
True Tasmania Cycling Tours offer the perfect blend of challenge and indulgence to discover the many attractions and unique appeals that Tasmania has to offer.
All of our Tasmanian bike tours are fully escorted and include:
- Friendly and experienced road racing cyclists as your bike tour guides
- Two fitness levels catered for: (Category 1) advanced–50-150km per day, (Category 2) intermediate – under 50kms per day
- Premium 4.5 star accommodation with accredited operators including Pure Tasmania and the Federal Group and accommodation assistance for extended stays
- Full buffet breakfasts each day
- Lunches of picnics/platters featuring fresh Tasmanian produce on most days
- Fine dining experiences including several 3 course restaurant dinners
- First class passage from Queenstown to Strahan on the West Coast Wilderness Railway for tours in this area. (Includes fine Tasmanian wines & premium beers, gourmet platters)
- Complimentary True Tasmania Cycling Tours riding jersey
- All National Park passes and entrance to Port Arthur Historic Site (where applicable)
- Wine tastings and vineyard platters
- Energy foods and drinks supplied
- Airport transfers
True Tasmania Cycling Tours offers a choice of quality bike tours:
PEDALS, PEAKS & PIONEERS
Southern Tasmania through to the West and North
TOUR DATES: Every February, March & April. Group tours can be arranged on application.
Dates to be advised soon.
On this challenging exploration of the island’s wildest landscapes, a brilliant bike touring route starting in Hobart takes you through World Heritage area and the Tasman Peninsula. Over six days, your destinations include: Hobart, Port Arthur, Queenstown, Strahan, Cradle Mountain and Launceston. Included in the cost of this bike tour is a choice of either a cruise down the Gordon River on the Lady Jane Franklin, which includes a guided tour through World Heritage rain forest and convict ruins or a day trip to Queenstown on the West Coast Wilderness Railway, both with Tasmanian wines and premium beers supplied. Tour finishes in Launceston.
4 corners of Tasmania – 8 days, 500km cycling distance
NEXT TOUR DEPARTS: December 27th, 2012
TOUR DATES: Best tour months October, November, December, January & April, group tours can be arranged on application.
This cycling tour offers an unforgettable circuit of Tasmania exploring all corners of the island. Over 8 days, your destinations include: Launceston, Coles Bay, Swansea, Hobart, New Norfolk, Central Highlands, Queenstown, Strahan and Cradle Mountain. Included in the cost of this bike tour is a first class passage on the West Coast Wilderness Railway with Tasmanian wines and premium beers supplied.
View full details about this bike tour (PDF 385Kb)>
Book this bike tour now (PDF 145Kb)>
Questions about this tour? Please contact us.
SUNSHINE, SPROCKETS & SEAFARERS
North-East Tasmania– 5 days, 390km cycling distance
NEXT TOUR DEPARTS: DECEMBER 27th, 2012. This tour will finish in Hobart for 2012.
Tour groups can be arranged on application.
This cycling tour offers a spectacular ride through North-East Tasmania to the East Coast and back again, designed to take in the best of the region’s wildlife, wine, beaches and coastal scenery. Over five days, your destinations include: Launceston, Beaconsfield, Campbell Town, Coles Bay and St Marys.
Create your own cycling itinerary
We’ve ridden thousands of kilometres to locate the finest Tasmanian destinations and experiences. If you’re interested in a cycle tour based around a theme – food & wine, wilderness, heritage – let’s get together and create an itinerary that takes
you where you want to go. Group tours can be created to suit any budget.
For more information, please contact us.